Qualified candidates will possess an excellent customer service demeanor and be outgoing in professional/social settings. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and web browsers. Prior experience with basic website editing (WordPress or similar) is a plus. Chosen candidate will receive on-the-job training in membership database: ChamberMaster.
On a regular basis, the Member Service Coordinator will interact and work with business professionals of different backgrounds and will be expected to understand and respond to local business concerns.
This position reports to the Director of Member Services and Programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Accurate and timely data entry and maintenance in membership database
- Maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality
- Answering incoming phone lines as a point of contact for members and community
- Providing logistical support (preparation, day-of, and post-event) for Chamber member events
- Assisting with the creation/editing of e-News announcements
- Providing support to website and social media outlets
- Assisting in the creation/editing and promotion of event/workshop invitations & promotional flyers
- Keeping track of event/workshop RSVP’s
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to verbally communicate ideas and concepts, effectively and professionally
- Ability to use proper English grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s license and ability to drive, possessing own vehicle
Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to building a strong local economy and quality of life by promoting economic, civic and social development through informed and involved members.
GGCC provides a small team, fast-paced, work environment. Expected dress code is professional.
Member Service Coordinator hours: 12/week (with some additional hours around times of peak activity/events). Office hours are M-F, 8am-5pm. This position would require (3) four-hour shifts/week, with some flexibility.