As your skills increase, so will your responsibilities. Advanced team members supervise and train other Soldiers, lead and control mortar squads, provide tactical and technical guidance to subordinates, and supervise the construction of mortar positions. Advanced Indirect Fire Infantrymen are responsible for receiving and implementing combat orders, directing Soldiers in offensive and defensive operations, and requesting, observing, and adjusting indirect supporting fire.
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)