Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce (GGCC) is looking for an enthusiastic, qualified candidate to join our team. The GGCC is a non-profit organization serving the business community in Ashburnham, Barre, Gardner, Hubbardston, Templeton, Westminster and Winchendon, promoting economic development.
The Member Engagement and Communications Associate will interact and work directly with business professionals of different backgrounds and will be expected to understand and respond to local business concerns. Qualified candidates will possess an excellent customer service demeanor and be outgoing in professional/social settings.
This position reports directly to the President of the Chamber and includes the following responsibilities,with other duties as assigned:
Membership Engagement and Communications
• Engage with current and potential members to encourage member involvement and Chamber growth.
• Utilize best practices in digital marketing and social media to drive member engagement and promote Chamber to the region’s business community.
• Coordinate and promote member-focused workshops and programs throughout the year.
• Respond to requests from members and prospective member businesses and organizations promptly and courteously, always representing the Chamber of Commerce in a professional and positive manner.
• Work with the President and Event Planning Committee to coordinate and manage events and major fundraisers.
• Serve as liaison with event sponsors and participants including sponsor solicitation, promotional efforts, and other event-related matters.
• Preparation of program and event marketing materials including flyers, email blasts, website updates, social media postings and press releases.
• Create and maintain Chamber events calendar in CRM ChamberMaster. Track event registrations and assist with payments and billing. Prepare registration materials.
• Attend all Chamber functions.
• Act as liaison for Chamber committees with responsibility for meeting notifications, preparation of agendas, minutes and reports.
• Maintain Chamber Programs and Meetings Calendar.
General Office Duties
• Assist with management of monthly renewal activities and billing.
• Coordinate activities of student interns and volunteers.
• General office duties including maintaining files, ordering supplies, mail preparation, greeting members and visitors, answering general inquiries, providing member referrals and community information.
Experience & Skills Required:
• Associates Degree preferred with an emphasis in business, marketing, and/or communications.
• Highly motivated, results-oriented individual with ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment.
• Have a professional, positive and welcoming demeanor and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
• Experienced in social media best practices (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) – this role will involve generating social posts as the voice of the GGCC and engaging with the community and expanding the Chamber’s reach through online social channels.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to remain flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
• Be able to work flexible hours, including some early mornings and evenings.
• Previous experience in event planning and volunteer coordination preferred.
• Previous Chamber or other non-profit experience a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Publisher, and Adobe Suite.
• Familiarity with WordPress and Chamber Master (or other database management) a plus.
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
• Valid Driver’s license and ability to drive, possessing own vehicle.
Salary Range: $35,000 - $38,000
Email Cover Letter and Resume to: Jointheteam@gardnerma.com
Or mail to:
Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 1381
Gardner, MA 01440
No telephone inquiries please.