The Quality Assurance Manager is the quality advocate for the plant, providing leadership for the
quality and food safety systems and programs. Key drivers are assuring compliance to specifications
on incoming materials, in-process conditions and finished products.
The Quality Assurance Manager also assures the ongoing reduction of quality attribute variation
utilizing Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology to improve the acceptance of our products
by our customers. In addition, Plant Quality Managers must serve as the point of contact with
customers when product quality exceptions occur.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. Works in conjunction with
the EHS Specialist to establish and maintain all policies and programs to assure a safe
• Provide hands-on management of the elements of the Quality Management System. These
include quality action plans, customer complaints and internal holds, standard work, audit
processes, document control, test methods, and quality test equipment. Ensure training is
conducted for quality management system elements.
• Ensure plant systems are tied into corporate standards via reviews and audits
• Generate reports for all aspects of plant quality, not limited to and including VOC, CARs,
SCARs, COAs, SPC reporting, losses, internal, and third party & customer audits.
• Ensure the food safety management system is established, implemented, maintained and
updated per FSSC requirements.
• Conducts advanced statistical analysis and process capabilities for process and product
• Independently manages customer interactions as it relates to product or service quality
Identify, define and promote awareness of customer requirements for the plant.
• Manages and trains the activities of the Quality Team including the lab/quality technicians.
• Actively participates and leads teams in support of continuous improvement initiatives and
establish a CI culture.
• Active member of the plant leadership team.
What We Value
• Technical Knowledge
• Must have effective communication skills to execute quality programs and communicate with
employees at all levels of the plant.
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make quick and
• Collaboration and Influencing
• Strong Customer Service focus, Strong Team Leadership with ability to manage, coach, and
develop people, talent and skills.
What We Want from You
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in quality leadership role(s) or bachelor’s in
• Process driven individual.
• Motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
•Friendly and team oriented is a must.
• Fluent with Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint Excel and Word.
• Exceptional verbal communications skills.
• Exceptions made for exceptional applicants.
• Previous ERP experience is a plus.
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard
office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This
role oversees personnel operating analytical lab equipment such as tensile, seal, coefficient of
friction, oxtran, FTiR, haze and like instruments and may need to operate on occasion.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving
mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.