: Press Assistant
: Press Supervisor/Lead
: Hourly, non-exempt
Performs various manual and mechanical duties to provide assistance in set up and operation of flexographic CI printing presses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Follow all established safety rules and regulation and utilize required safety equipment. Report any unsafe conditions/hazards immediately.
• Assist press operator as needed.
• Compare ink color kits and ensure ink color in kits match press sample.
• Test ink viscosity by performing flow rate test, work with press operator and make adjustments as required.
• Set up ink supply, monitor ink consumption and recovery system, and ensure proper function.
• Remove ink supply and recovery components. Clean all component by washing or scrape as necessary utilizing solvents/alcohol etc. Reinstall clean components. Assist with the setup of plate rolls, anilox rolls, calendar rolls etc. Load and unload paper.
Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of press components and work area.
• Ability to adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Verbal communications skills
• Visual acuity to color consistency
• Manual coordination and dexterity
Ability to use basic hand tools
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Intermittently on feet for approx. 8 –12 hours daily
• Periodic lifting up to approx. 50 lbs.
• Walking, squatting, crouching, turning, twisting, stretching, climbing steps, grabbing, pulling, pushing & bending
• Ability to move large and/or odd shaped heavy objects
• Hearing & color vision acuity for machine set-up
• Ishiahara machine eye exam for perfect color
Typical environment of manufacturing and production facilities. Exposure includes but is not limited to continuous noise, scent of materials, bright work stations, machinery with moving parts.