SUPERVISOR: Ink Department Supervisor
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Hourly
Performs diversified manual and mechanical duties to mix and formulate ink batches for the production department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review job bag for scheduled jobs.
- Read and understand ink formulations, blend colorants and/or residue inks.
- Develop ink formulations
- Prepare batches, test color match with approved sample.
- Resolve and color match discrepancies and notify supervisor of problems or issues.
- Transport ink kits, record inventory usage, maintain automated ink dispensing system, maintain dispenser inventory.
- Respond to press process issues and concerns.
- Perform similar duties pertaining to ink preparation and formulation.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Understand and follow all safety guidelines.
- Good verbal communication
- Interact with co-workers, supervisors, and company personnel in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organized and prioritize workflow
- Must be able to distinguish color and visual acuity (clarity of vision).
- Capable of reading and understanding written materials and manuals.
- Computer skills
- Must be able to focus with attention to details.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Intermittently on feet for approx. 8-12 hours daily
- Periodic lifting up to approx. 75 lbs.
- Ability to physically move and lift various weights and to work around fast moving machinery with quick response and reflexes
- Walking, squatting, crouching, turning, twisting, stretching, climbing steps, grabbing, pulling, pushing & bending
- Hearing acuity
- Vision – Ishiahara machine eye exam for perfect color
Typical environment of manufacturing and production facilities. Exposure includes but is not limited to loud noise, scent of materials, non-temperature controlled areas, and moving equipment and machinery.
It is the responsibility of all Employees to ensure that the product produced by Garlock Printing meets or exceeds the expectations for quality of Garlock Printing and their Customers. It is also the responsibility of all employees to ensure that the Hygiene of their work area meets or exceeds the Standards set in Garlock Printings Hygiene Manual at all times.
THE DESCRIPTION ABOVE REPRESENTS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THIS POSITION BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED, THE INCLUSION OF WHICH WOULD BE IN CONFORMITY WITH THE FACTORS ASSIGNED.