POSITION: Flexographic Press Operator
: Press Supervisor
Perform a wide variety of manual and mechanical duties, operate a flexographic press in a safe manner, meet the job specifications, and at the highest quality and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Follow all safety rules, regulations, and guidelines.
• Set up flexographic Cl press to run complex multi-color jobs.
• Read and understand job specifications.
• Select the required plate cylinders, inspect, and install the appropriate deck.
• Inspect, appropriately install anilox rolls, and align with the plate cylinders to achieve proper ink application.
• Tape register each deck and adjust to achieve proper registration.
• Monitor web tension, roll centers.
• Verify process orders to densities and definition to match kodaks.
• Check samples of product to monitor press operation, print quality, dot gain, color fade, and/or movement, registration, etc.
• Approve periodic ink viscosity checks.
• Change rolls of stock as necessary.
• Along with an assistant, maintain press, back out the deck at the end of run, wash in station and distribution equipment.
• Record production data and prepare daily job sheet.
• Immediately report malfunctioning equipment or other unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
Maintain work in a clean and orderly condition.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED, ability to work with computers, a minimum of 2 years of direct experience with flexographic presses.
- Excellent vision and color acuity.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Possess organizational skills
- Work well under time constraints
- Work as part of a team\
Typical environment of manufacturing and production facilities. Exposure includes but is not limited to continuous noise, scent of materials, bright work stations, machinery with moving parts.
- Intermittently stand and move for approx. 10 – 12 hours per day
- Periodically life up to 75 pounds
- Walk, squat, crouch, turn, twist, stretch, climb step, grab, push, pull, and bend
- Have hand-eye coordination
- Hand dexterity
- Color vision acuity (must be able to pass Ishiahara eye exam)