The Accountant will be responsible for all direct cost reimbursement billing & reporting. They will also be posting all Accounts Receivable billing for RCAP. This position will also be responsible for cash management and monitoring all bank accounts. The Accountant will review adjustments and act as a back-up for the HAP check process. The Accountant is responsible for maintaining general ledgers & subsidiary journals related to one or more funds through trial balance. The Accountant is also responsible for knowing the payroll process and acting as back-up.
- Monitor all bank accounts and input into accounting software & check books
- Process landlord levies
- Post all Accounts Receivable billing for RCAP
- Prepaid & Accrual entries & reconciliations
- Direct Cost Reimbursement billing & reporting
- Rental Assistance Billing
- Review & Approve RCAP Accounts Payable invoices
- RCAP monthly standard entries
- Process all internal transfers
- Process and track fee for service billing
- Reconcile RCAP Accounts Receivable
- Program Escrow reconciliation & disbursements
- HAP check process back-up
- Review adjustments for weekly/monthly check processes
- Complete and submit quarterly reports to funding sources
- Payroll back-up
- Update cash flow and send out weekly A/R and A/P reports
- Responsible for returning unclaimed monies to the Commonwealth of MA
Education and Experience Requirements
- Four years college with a degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 3 yrs. experience as a full charge staff accountant.
- Prior accounting experience in housing preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Word and a computerized accounting system required; MIP or similar software experience preferred.
- Typical office setting to include the ability to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computer
- Move regularly from sitting to standing position as well as frequently bend to file and maintain files.
- Ability to work on repetitive tasks and use fine motor skills to handle and control objects.
- Ability to use an earpiece or headphones.; Speak, listen and understand others.
- Some travel required; ability and willingness to travel to other RCAP locations to support human resources initiatives.
- Occasionally lift 10 to 15 lbs
Interested candidates, should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation and Benefits:
RCAP Solutions, Inc. offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, 403b, vacation, 13 paid holidays, STD/LTD, etc.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department or Email:
Location –Worcester, MA
Grade Level: 17