Support GAAMHA individuals to develop and maintain a high quality of life, be as independent as possible, and help maintain and improve community inclusion, employment opportunities, and social interaction with peers/co-workers.
- Behavior must be professional at all times and consistent with GAAMHA’s culture, mission, values, philosophy, and policies and procedures, including treating individuals and others with dignity and respect.
- Occasionally work independently without direct daily supervision.
- Plan and support individuals in daily activities and training, which may include, ensuring a variety of activities that will stimulate individuals and build new and rewarding interests, providing vocational training, personal living skills training, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, and community inclusion.
- Assist individuals in maintaining safe and healthy lifestyles, and monitor for changes in their general health, appearance, behavior, and patterns of activities.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining a clean, safe, and secure environment for individuals at all times, keeping work areas/classrooms clean, neat, and in good repair, conducting required evacuation drills, earthquake training, and other safety training.
- Provide training and assistance to all individuals in making healthy dietary choices, and following any pre-established orders by medical professionals.
- Responsible for assisting individuals in personal hygiene tasks for their total care needs, including hand washing, changing soiled clothing, brushing teeth, and assisting with bathroom responsibilities.
- Checking and responding to messages relative to the program on a daily basis.
- Supervise and evaluate designated individuals group and work performance and report relevant observations. Provide individuals with work, group, and volunteer assignments and instructions.
- Complete paperwork, as necessary, to meet GAAMHA, federal, and state regulatory requirements, to include the following:
- Ensuring that all electronic documentation is detailed, pertain to the individuals goal and contain accurate objective information based on observations
- Note individual progress based on performance.
- Complete required, on-going training requirements within GAAMHA and state required timeframes.
- Report to work on time, and if unable to report to work, or if there is a need to come to work late, or leave early, follow GAAMHA’s approval policy.
- Safely transport individuals to and from activities, work, and home, and comply with GAAMHA’s vehicle safety, maintenance, and cell phone use policies.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, unless required by state law, 0-3 years working in human services preferred, preferably with adults or children with disabilities preferred, basic fluency in oral and written English. Candidate must also have an acceptable CORI (criminal record assessment), and must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record upon hire and annually.
Performing mechanical or physical lifts and/or transfers according to individual client protocols, Assisting with ADL’s, Bending, Housecleaning duties, e.g., laundry, vacuuming, cleaning showers, tubs, dishes, taking out garbage, Standing, Climbing, Kneeling and Pushing, e.g. wheelchairs