Grants and Fundraising Coordinator Job Description
The Grants and Fundraising Coordinator (GFC) is responsible for the long-term strategy, design and execution of fundraising and grant making initiatives. The GFC plays a significant role supporting the continued success and expansion of the organization. They will assist in the development of fundraising initiatives, managing campaigns, seek and apply for grant making opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· The GFC will create and execute a fundraising-focused strategic communication, in consultation with other leadership.
· The GFC will maintain awareness of fundraising trends in the nonprofit community.
· The GFC will create and approve solicitation/campaign materials for fundraising efforts.
· The GFC will plan, execute, and evaluate fundraising campaigns and activities.
· The GFC will identify funding opportunities for ongoing support of the mission and programs.
· The GFC is responsible for writing and submitting grants. The GFC will also be responsible for managing grants by tracking and gathering all necessary documentation to submit reporting to the grant provider, finance, and leadership staff.
· The GFC is responsible for building relationships with community partners, staff, and board members. The GFC will also seek to build relationships with new prospective parties.
· The GFC will ensure all fund-raising activities and reporting are compliant with state and federal agencies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The GFC will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in non-profit grant writing and fundraising, with a bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Administration, Business Administration, Communications or similar field preferred. Must have experience with capital campaigns and grant writing. The GFC must have excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written), ability to establish strong relationships at all levels, work collaboratively with others. The applicant must have proficiency in MS Office and be willing to learn new software that will assist in their role. The GFC must also have an acceptable CORI (criminal record assessment) and possess a valid driver’s license.
The GFC is supervised directly by the President/CEO.